Monday, July 09, 2007

GONGURA BASH(SORREL LEAVES)/GONGURA MUTTON

I rearly find gongura in indian stores....when i find them i bring atleast 3 or 4 bunches so that i can make all verieties out of it ....we had it for 3 days.



first day i made mutton gongura(goat meat),second day i made chutney and third comes pappu....my husband relishes all of these.





1 pound goat meat
2 cups gongura leaves
1 sp ginger garlic paste
1 onion finely chopped
garam masala
turmeric
salt
chilli powder
red chillis
green chillies
mustard
curry leaves
water
cilantro leaves chopped

wash the meat and drain all the water in it.
marinate it with turmeri,salt,chilli powder and keep it aside.
heat oil in a pan.fry 1/2 part of onions and green chillis.
put turmeric and salt while sauting onions.add ginger garlic paste.
now add meat and cover it.
cook till the water comes out.cook on low flame.
take the lid and let th meat cook in theat water.
when water is evaporated ,check for salt and spice.add if required.
add 2 cups of water and let it cook till the oil starts coming out.
at this time add garam masala and cilantro.

pressure cook the gongura ,onions,turmeric,1 greem chilli ,chilli powder along with water for 3 whistles.
now mash it and make a smooth paste .
add this to the mutton and let it stand on low flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
if u want thick gravy then cok till desired consistency.
heat oil in a pan.add mustard,curry leaves,red chilli and make seasoning.
add this finally to the curry and serve with rice.


7 comments:

Sharmi said...

yesterday I saw gongura in the market but was quite expensive. planning to buy them once the price drops. I love pachadi with gongura.

Saju said...

First time at your blog Shanti, I like what I see!
I have never cooked with sorrel, I will now keep my eye open for it, so I can try it

Jyothi said...

Hi Shanti, I don't like to eat mutton. But gongura is my favorite green leaves. I love each and every dish with these leaves. Thanks for sharing.

FH said...

Shanthi,where were you girl?:))
I never get Sorrel leaves here,got to grow some next year.All the dishes sounds great.Pachadi is yummy.Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

wow shanti gongurra mutton na fav.....gongura nee sorrel leaves antara....oh naku ippude telisindhi...will try to find it here n follow ur recipe..thanks for sharing.....

DEEPA said...

i have tasted gongura only at my friends place.Never made it at home .Yummy ...must have tasted great

Suganya said...

WOW.....Lovely set of gongura recipe.....Love them all.....