Friday, June 22, 2007

OKRA FRY,PLAIN DAL,BOILED EGG


2 cups cut okra
1 handful groundnuts(peanuts)
4 sp grated coconut
2 green chillies
1/2 onion chopped finely
salt
chilli powder
dhania powder
oil
mustard
urad
curry leaves

make seasoning with oil,mustard,urad n curry leaves.
fry onions n chillies till light brown
add okra fry till the stickiness goes .
add salt,chilli powder,dhania powder,coconut ,peanuts.
fry for 5 minutes on low flame.
serve with rice,pressure cooked dal n eg...its a grt combo.

PLAIN DAL
pressure cook dal and mash it.add salt before serving.

8 comments:

Jyothi said...

Hi Shanti, yours okra fry looks yummy. I too prepare in the same way. I love that plain dal very much. Thanks for sharing.

archana said...

Okra fry looks nice. Never tried making with peanuts. Good recipe . That dal is my favorite with rice and ghee :)

Kajal said...

Looks yummy...okra with groundnuts is new for me....sometime try your recipe....Thanks for sharing.:)

Rekha said...

Okra fry looks great... I hardly use peanuts in curries or fries... I will try this time this way!

-rekha.

priar's, said...

Hi shanti,
thank u so much for posting this dish .My hubby had this okra fry with peanuts and he was asking me make that but i tried many times but it didnt come out well .Thanks dear for posting this...

priar's, said...

Hi shanti,
thank u so much for posting this dish .My hubby had this okra fry with peanuts and he was asking me make that but i tried many times but it didnt come out well .Thanks dear for posting this...

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Such simple and lovely dishes these are!!! They look gr8!

SHANTI BHANU said...

@jyothi thank u
@archana try this n let me know thank u
@kajal kajal try n let me know.thank u
@rekha thank u
@priar thanku...u will like the curry surely.thank u
@ramya thank u